The job is to keep buildings in a clean and orderly condition, and perform heavy cleaning duties. The candidate must be energetic and highly motivated. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, flexible, and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as the need arises. Responsibilities include cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and dining room, and public areas.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming/shampooing. Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors as needed.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and dust furniture, fixtures, walls, machines, and equipment. Dust all wall frames, pictures, hangings on a routine basis.
- Wash walls and clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors
- Manage routine upkeep of exterior areas, green space and parking lot
- Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
- Ensure patient rooms are maintained and stocked
- Troubleshoot issues with HV/AC system, lighting and indoor climate control as necessary
- Notify management of need for repairs
- Monitor and requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings
- Follow all health and safety regulations Use cleaning chemicals safely and carefully as outlined by OSHA
- Other duties and assignments as requested
- 2+ years janitorial experience
- Must be familiar with OSHA requirements
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Possess the ability to take direction, plan and execute work projects.
- Willingness to work early morning or late night shifts
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30 pounds as necessary
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.